Starting from my fifth favourite: Barcelona, this is not glory supporting. It is because some of my relatives live there and support them. I kind of treat them like cousins. I don’t really see them often. They are currently 2019/20 season ticket holders for FC Barcelona. They even got me the new Barca kit for my birthday (well in 2017 anyway). When Liverpool beat Barcelona 4-0 – and I was there – they came over to England and I rubbed it in his face. I have liked them since I was 3 years old. That was when I first met them.
- Barcelona have won 26 la liga titles
- It was found by the Swiss football lover Joan Gamper in 1899
- Arena/stadium: Camp Nou
- Manager: Ernesto Valverde
- Capacity: 99,354
- Nicknames: Barca, Barcelona and Blaugrana
Moving on: Leeds United are my fourth favourite team. Simply because a lot of my friends support them. I really do hope that they get promoted upwards to the ultimate Premier League. It will be nice to see them up there with the best teams in England. I also want to see what type of players they sign as you get a lot of money in the Premier League. I don’t know if they will do good in the top league. But that all depends on the playoffs. I have been to go see Leeds United in action at Elland Road. Both 2-1. Hull City and QPR.
- Leeds United’s most successful years were between 1961 and 1974
- They have several rivalries including local rivalries such as: Sheffield Wednesday, Sheffield United, Bradford City and Huddersfield Town. They also have national rivals including: Manchester United, Chelsea and Millwall.
- Manager: Marcelo Bielsa
- Arena/stadium: Elland Road
- Nicknames: The Peacocks, United and the Whites
Tottenham Hotspur is number 3. The reason behind this is because of my Grandad Billy ( my mum’s dad ) was such a big fan of this club. He even went to Tottenham tryouts but unfortunately didn’t get through. He more or less went to every game in the 1969/70 season. All of this information means that Totenham are my third favourite team.
- Tottenham are in the UCL semi-final v ajax but unfortunately lost 1-0 but there is always a second game to play.
- They have won the fifth-most elite honours (26) among other English football clubs.
- Arena/stadium: white Hart Lane
- Manager: Mauricio Pochettino
Number two. A second Championship team. A second Yorkshire team. It’s Sheffield Wednesday. I like this team because of my Grandad Harry ( my dad’s dad ) adoring Sheffield Wednesday. He liked them so much that he went to a trial and got in. He started playing and training. But mostly training. My Grandad decided to start drinking beer. Therefore he got removed from the club and lived a normal life.
- Sheffield Wednesday have won Division 1 four times (1903,1904,1929 and 1930)
- Manager: Steve Bruce
- Arene/stadium: Hillsborough Stadium
- Capacity: 39,732
- Leagues: EFL Championship, EFL cup, FA cup
Number 1. My very favourite team. It’s the almighty reds. Liverpool. A lot of people think that I glory support. But I actually support them because of my dad. There really is not that much to say for this except from, I just really, really like them. They are my favourite team.
- They did one of the greatest comebacks in the UCL 2005 frome 3-0 down to 3-3 and won on pens.
- Arena/stadium: Anfield
- Manager: Jurgen Klopp